CALL OUT FOR VOLUNTEERS – YOUNG LEADERS
BE PART OF DANCE MASSIVE 2019
Seeking 30 young dance leaders to be part of an epic outdoor performance
Chunky Move is looking for dynamic, confident and articulate individuals who are passionate about dance and getting people dancing. Young leaders will be mentored and supported in the role by a team of professional artists including Alice Lee Holland (Chunky Move), Adam Wheeler (Tasdance), Joshua Lowe & Kyall Shanks (Yellow Wheel) and James O’Hara (soloist).
- work together in small groups to assist professional artists with the management of community rehearsals
- learn and understudy the core choreography with meticulous attention to detail
- assist in the translation of the core choreography to teach/lead community dancers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- have a high level of dance skill and training
- are able to see and understand the big picture, yet work with precision and detail
- are dynamic in their leadership; ready to instruct as well as take instruction
- are willing to work collaboratively
- have some experience teaching or leading
- Intensive: 20-24 January 2019, 10:00-18:00 at Chunky Move Studios – 111 Sturt Street Southbank VIC
- Community rehearsals: Saturdays OR Sundays throughout February-March, morning OR afternoon (4 hour blocks), at various locations TBC
- Performance: Saturday 23 March & Sunday 24 March, location TBC
This is a two-phase application:
- Apply via the online form – applications close Friday 16 November 2018.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a video task.
For further information, please contact Alice Lee Holland at Chunky Move on (03) 9645 5188 or email@example.com.